What to Expect
Training over the three days will be a combination of the following elements:
1. Understanding stress and pressure, their underlying mechanisms, and the effects they have on your body and mind.
2. Equipping you with scientifically backed skills so you can leverage stress and pressure to your advantage while optimising performance and balancing your nervous system.
3. Putting you in practical, real-time, and dynamic situations that will test your ability to apply your new knowledge and skills.
• Three or four one-to-one sessions a day with Dave. This includes our Ironsand Training at Piha beach, as well as pool-based stress threshold training.
• Online access to our advanced Performance Breathing and Mindset training.
What You Will Learn
• Gain better control over your autonomic nervous system to improve your ability to transition between sympathetic and parasympathetic states. This will have a profound effect on your ability to recover faster, sleep better, and remain calm in stressful situations. It will also enhance your mental focus.
• Understand how stress shapes your response to challenging situations. You’ll also learn how to control the effects of stress on your body and mind. This will enable you to use stress, pressure, fear, and tension to your advantage.
• Learn about essential science-based tools and protocols that will help you stay calm during extreme tension and discomfort.
• Clear systems and protocols to establish the right mindset and frame your response to tough situations, thoughts, or emotions.
• The dangers of overthinking and how to avoid overthinking in crucial moments and situations.
• How to incorporate controlled breathing into your regular physical training.
• How to effectively use visualisation and mindfulness to reach peak performance and achieve your goals.
• Sleep hygiene protocols to ensure you optimise essential recovery periods.
• How to better understand your biological clock (your circadian rhythm) so you can synchronise it with both training and recovery.
We’ll also provide you with practical follow-up resources to reinforce what you have learned so you can implement the skills into your life and training.
Price on Application
Options for payment by instalment
Accommodation is included in the price. We have a fully self-contained private unit close to the beach at a reasonable price.
“I was fortunate enough to experience the 3-day performance intensive with Dave. To be able to have this opportunity was pretty surreal, I was amazed with the knowledge he brought to the table, his experience with athletes was incredible. I was mind blown with the breathing development work I learnt and how many new performance skills I learnt over the 3 days.
To this day everything I have learnt I am putting into practice and I can say it has changed the way I think and am able to handle stressful situations. My sport is a high stress sport so what I have learnt plays a valuable role in bringing me to the top of my sport. If I could, I would have stayed another month, It was that good haha. I would highly recommend this 3 day intensive to anybody who is looking to enhance their health and performance!!”
“It was a massive eye opener, Dave is incredibly in tune with the mind and body, he had me sussed out pretty much as soon as we started but waited a couple of hours to sit down and talk to me about what he’s observed.
Some things I was aware of, but others I wasn’t, it related to the way I moved, my breathing, carrying tension, stress, mindset, individually they weren’t massive, but when you start putting all those issues together it has a massive effect on the way you move and the way you feel.
I used to think stress was not being able to handle your shit, but Dave exposed me to how I was constantly keeping my mind and body in a stressed, sympathetic state to try and get shit done.
I had no idea that was even a thing, but once you understand it, you can start to control it, which is incredibly powerful stuff.”
“My time with Dave was awesome. We spent time enjoying the raw elements of Piha, getting out in the ocean and sand each day, and really noticing each bloody amazing element that you are exposed to.
The focus of the 3-day intensive was stripping everything back to how you relate to your environment, both internal and external. Stripping everything back to basics may be simple, but it’s not necessarily easy. Dave makes it simple in the sense that you can practice various stress mitigation techniques in real time, recalibrating ways of operating that might not be serving you.
The thing I can hear still hear Dave saying is “don’t tether to the end” and I think that is applicable to so many situations. When we tie ourselves to a certain thought, sensation, or outcome (for example, focusing on getting out of an uncomfortable situation), we find it harder. The experiential learning Dave took me through was pretty sweet in shifting my way of operating in relation to this. The way I relate to my thoughts and experiences has changed after my 3 days in Piha with Dave – I feel more equipped to move through challenges and continuously learn ways of navigating all the stuff that is part of life.”
“While working with Dave I could see why his work is unmatched working with elite level athletes. I had full immersion in a 3 day intensive with Dave which provided me a deeper understanding of my body. He gave me the tools I needed in order to gain control of my mind and body in high stress situations. If you are wanting to grow in your given area of expertise then I highly recommend you take the time to invest in yourself. Connect with Integrated Training, as it is life changing.”
“I was lucky (and so privileged) to be able to spend three days with Dave a while back learning about performance and stress mitigation. He has a deep knowledge and understanding and brings such a practical approach to his subject matter. On top of this he is an absolute legend and amazingly humble! If you can get to one of his workshops don’t hesitate – it will be life enhancing!”
“I worked with Dave for 3 full days, covering everything from breathing development to mental skills and stress tolerance training. What really resonated with me was the endless potential of the human body and mind and how important this work is in order to achieve sustainable peak performance in life and Rugby. Dave really helped me achieve consistency in terms of how I train to optimise my mental game.”